Turmeric is one of the most common root herbs in the Philippines and is now getting its attention in the Western world for its anti carcinogentic properties or cancer fighting therapeutic properties.
According to a study conducted at the Stephen Austin University, Turmeric has at least 235 compounds, primarily phenolic compounds and terpenoids have been identified. Turmeric is rich in Curcuminoids (diarylheptanoids) and phenols characterized to be great antioxidants.
HEALING PROPERTIES (Source: Healthline.com)
- Contains powerful medicinal properties
- Increases antioxidant capacity of the body
- Bosts brain derives neutrophic factor linked to improve brain function
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Prevents cancer
- Supplement for arthristis patients
- Has great anti-depression properties