Selecting complimentary carrier oils for your essential oils is very important. Always consider the healing properties of each carrier oil, its density, and shelf life .
There is a wide range of different carrier oils, each of which offers specific qualities that make them suitable for different purposes or for use with different essential oils.
- Fractionated Coconut oil is one of the most common carrier oil for massage oil. It has longer shelf with its natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- Apricot oil is also a great carrier oil because of its anti inflammation properties.
- Avocado oil is another most common carrier oil that is reach in essential fatty acids and vitamins A , E, and D which improves skin health specially for eczema, psoriasis, dry, ageing, dehydrated skins and helps prevent chapping and cracked skin.
- Argan Oil is an expensive carrier oil but has moisturizing properties rich in nutrients.
- Grapeseed oil is light and has moisturizing and antioxidant properties.
- Jojoba oil is rich in Vitamin E and a great moisturizer for hair and skin.
- Castor oil is thick and have been known for centuries for conditioning hair and prevents hair loss.
- Olive oils is another common carrier oil that helps maintain cholesterol levels.
Important Things To Remember About Carrier Oils
When selecting your carrier oils consider the use of the essential oils to increase the efficacy of both oils. Some carrier oils pair well with essential oils designed to relieve pain and inflammation, while others are best-suited for oils that improve the appearance of skin.